Dedicated to a tradition of excellence in teaching for more than 40 years, the Himalayan Institute offers yoga teachers comprehensive and systematic training in classical yoga.
We teach yogic techniques for body, breath, mind, and spirit in 200-hour and 500-hour certification programs. Our programs include meditation, asana instruction, training in pranayama and relaxation techniques, therapeutic yoga, and yoga philosophy and psychology. The Himalayan Institute is a registered school with Yoga Alliance meeting the requirements for national registration at both the 200- and 500-hour levels.
The next 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training will be offered at HI Buffalo beginning September 2016. We are now accepting applications.
- Cost: $2999, includes all required books and CDs, the Himalayan Institute teacher training manual, and membership to the Himalayan Institute of Buffalo for one year.
- The class will meet one weekend per month (Friday 6:30-8:30pm, Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 9am-5pm) for 9 months — September 2016-May 2017.
- In addition, the class will meet Tuesday evenings during these 9 months from 7-9pm.
Class Dates for the 2016-2017 Session
- Sept 23-25 & Tues. 20,27
- Oct 21-23 & Tues 4,11,18,25
- Nov 18-20 & Tues 1,8,15,22,29
- Dec 2-4 & Tues 6,13
- Jan 13-15 & Tues 17, 24, 31
- Feb 10-12 & Tues 7, 14, 21, 28
- Mar 17-19 & Tues 7, 14, 21, 28
- Apr 21-23 & Tues 4, 11, 25
- May 19-21 & Tues 2,9