Our next 300-hour program begins NOVEMBER 5, 2021
Now offered via Zoom Hybrid Model in compliance with NYS and Yoga Alliance guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic. See details below*.
When you enroll in the Himalayan Institute’s 300-hour teacher training program, you don’t just train to become a better yoga teacher—you get the opportunity to participate in one of the most respected and comprehensive teacher training programs available. Our teachers have a wealth of experience – both in teaching hours and years of personal practice. Through their guidance, you will acquire the wisdom and knowledge to confidently interpret and convey the deeper meaning of yoga. Meet the faculty here.
Our 300-hour yoga teacher training program offers yoga teachers from all styles and backgrounds the opportunity to advance their studies in a truly impactful way. Our teachings have been passed down from the Living Tradition of the Himalayan Masters and are rooted in the ancient yogic scriptures.
The Himalayan Institute 300-hour teacher training course includes in-depth application of:
- Advanced studies in teaching methods
- Sequencing strategies
- Verbal and hands-on assists
- Practical application of subtle body anatomy (chakras, prana vayus, nadis) in asana practice and teaching
- Dynamics of prana as the healing force
- Yogic applications for common structural, physiological, and emotional challenges
- Study and contemplation of the Yoga Sutra and the Bhagavad Gita
Explore advanced applications of yoga for mental and physical well-being, acquire an authentic understanding of the eight limbs of yoga through an in depth study of essential yogic texts, and attain a first-hand experience of ancient techniques in pranayama (breathing techniques), pratyahara (sense withdrawal), and meditation.
Whether you wish to develop your skills for teaching yoga classes or broaden your personal application of yoga through an advanced teacher training course, our 300-hour program is an excellent way to become proficient in concepts initially touched upon in 200-hour courses.
Our 300-hour yoga teacher training program is a 15 weekend (plus two Wednesday evenings per month) program that consists of 3 modules. Each module consists of 5 weekends plus 10 Wednesday evening sessions. Wednesday evening sessions will be held on Zoom. Weekend sessions will be held in-person as COVID-19 restrictions allow. This immersive format gives you the opportunity to step away from the responsibilities and demands of daily life, allowing you to focus completely on deepening your personal practice and developing your skills as a yoga teacher in a spiritually supportive environment. You will connect with other teachers from all over the Western New York area and Canada making life-long friends and new networking opportunities in the process.
This 300-hour yoga teacher training course is certified through Yoga Alliance.
Advanced Teaching Methods: Exploring the Heart of Yoga Teaching and Philosophy
November 5-7, 2021
December 10-12, 2021
January 7-9, 2022
February 11-13, 2022
March 11-13, 2022
Wednesday Sessions (on Zoom):
December 8, 15
January 19, 26
February 16, 23
March 16, 23
As we continue in our teaching and personal practice, it is not uncommon to find ourselves becoming stagnant and feeling a strong desire to explore more than what we’ve been habitually doing. The Teaching Methods Segment is a chance for you to deeply examine your own personal practice and teaching style and then refine and develop this further. You will begin to cultivate a relationship with the more subtle practices of yoga, using the Yoga Sutra as a foundation, and learn more about breathing, sense withdrawal, and meditation from both a personal and professional standpoint.
This segment of our teacher training course will focus on:
- Refining your ability to deliver effective, efficient, and elegant verbal instruction
- Developing your skills of observation and intuitive sensitivity to students’ needs
- Understanding the deeper dimensions of yogic breathing for nervous system balance and as a support for deeper spiritual practices
- Learning to offer students guided, systematic relaxations that increase prana and prepare students for meditation
- Practicing traditional yogic meditation techniques
- Participating in an in-depth study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra that will make this ancient text come alive as a support for your practice and teaching
- Developing the subtle aspects of yoga, including breathing, sense withdrawal, and meditation
- Enhancing your credibility as a yoga teacher by skillfully incorporating Sanskrit into your teaching and learn a set of traditional Sanskrit prayers and chants
Awakening the Subtle Body: Chakras, Pranayama, and Sacred Texts
April 8-10, 2022
May 13-15, 2022
June 10-12, 2022
July 29-31, 2022
August 19-21, 2022
Wednesday Sessions (on Zoom):
April 13, 20
May 18, 25
June 15, 22
July 20, 27
August 10, 17
This part of our 300-hour yoga teacher training program is more inward and reflective. You will dive deeply into a personal study of subtle body anatomy, working with the concepts of chakras and prana vayus in a practical and grounded way. You will learn how to apply this experiential knowledge to your own practice and teaching and expand your capacity to develop intelligent and energetically balanced class sequences. Learning to sequence energetically will help your students cultivate the ability to sustain an inner focus that serves as a foundation for meditation. During this segment, we will also look at the Bhagavad Gita and learn how the ancient dialogue between Arjuna and Krishna can give us insight into the battlefield of life.
In this segment of our teacher training course, you will:
- Refine your understanding of chakras as doorways to pure consciousness and integrate this knowledge into the practice of asana with a chakra focus
- Develop or deepen your personal practice of pranayama and learn how to offer these potent practices to students in a balanced and practical way
- Learn more about the five prana vayus in relation to breathing, prana, and pranayama
- Refine your skills of effective and powerful class sequencing
- Participate in an in-depth study of the Bhagavad Gita as a foundation for understanding the four paths of yoga, dharma, and the wheel of karma
- Practice time tested yogic meditation techniques to develop or deepen your personal meditation practice, and teach meditation fundamentals to your students
- Enhance your credibility as a yoga teacher by skillfully incorporating Sanskrit into your teaching and learn a set of traditional Sanskrit prayers and chants
The Art of Teaching Yoga for Health and Balance: Deeper Physical and Psychological Strategies
September 9-11, 2022
October 7-9, 2022
November 11-13, 2022
December 9-11, 2022
January 20-22, 2023
Wednesday Sessions (on Zoom):
September 14, 21
October 12, 19
November 9, 16
December 7, 14
January 11, 18
This segment of our 300 hour yoga teacher training course will focus on developing techniques that help you support students with common structural and physiological problems in the classroom. This module will also teach you to use yoga and ayurveda to harness prana and counteract the harmful effects of chronic stress, mental degeneration, physical discomfort, and emotional imbalances. As a practitioner, you will develop personal strategies and practices for understanding yourself and for handling life’s ups and downs with greater ease.
This segment of our teacher training course will teach you to:
- Understand prana as a powerful healing force and as a pillar that supports the body and the mind
- Use the practice of asana to become aware of habits and imbalances in the body and to establish new, helpful patterns of pranic flow
- Deepen your understanding of the nervous system and how chronic stress sets the stage for disease and imbalance
- Learn how yoga psychology and philosophy can support mental and emotional health
- Develop a set of practical strategies and practices for coping with pain and suffering
- Become more familiar with common structural and physiological problems and understand how the holistic science of yoga can help
- Discover how a basic understanding of ayurveda can support the practices of yoga by enhancing overall vitality and balance
This program is offered in a 15 weekend (and two Wednesday evenings per month) format between November 2021 – January 2023. Over the 15 months, the following topics will be covered: Advanced Teaching Methods, Awakening the Subtle Body, and The Art of Teaching Yoga for Health and Balance. In order to receive certification, participants must complete the 15 weekend (and Wednesday evening) course hours, and submit a teaching log of 100 hours taught from the time of their 200-hour certification.
Program Timeframe: November 5, 2021 – January 22, 2023 (one weekend plus 2 Wednesday evenings per month)
Weekend Schedule: Friday 5:30pm – 8:30pm, Saturday 9am – 6pm, Sunday 9am – 11am
Wednesday Schedule (on Zoom): 6:30-9pm
*COVID-19 Guidelines: We plan to meet in-person for Weekend Sessions and on Zoom for Wednesday night sessions throughout the training, according to the NYS and Yoga Alliance guidelines at the time training commences. Should guidelines dictate, we can adjust to run this training as a HYBRID Model or fully online if necessary. We will continue to monitor the situation and will keep applicants updated.
Prerequisite: 200-hour teacher certification from a YA accredited yoga school
Early Bird Pricing – Register by October 1, 2021
Early Bird Tuition: $4199
Payment Plan option:
Initial Deposit: $789 or EARLY BIRD $489 until 10/1/21 ($300 DISCOUNT)
Initial deposit reserves your seat and covers the tuition for Weekend 1
14 monthly payments of $265 due at the beginning of Weekends 2-15
Final Payment due by June 2, 2023
Reserve your spot today! All trainees will receive the following bonuses, a $1500 value:
- All Access Pass* to HIB’s virtual yoga class offerings (for the duration of training)
- Himalayan Institute’s Wisdom Library access (for the duration of training)
- 1 on 1 and group mentorship with your training facilitators
- Monthly study and personal practice challenges to integrate course material
- 10% off at the Himalayan Institute of Buffalo bookstore
- Discounts on select workshops
* All Access Pass includes virtual asana classes. It excludes workshops, seminars, and continuing education events.