With Ishan Tigunait
Meets 2X per week – Mondays & Wednesday – 7-8:15pm for 12 sessions
BEGINS: Wednesday, September 9, 2020
ENDS: Monday, October 19, 2020
Vishoka Meditation is grounded in the direct experience of the sages of the Himalayan Tradition, including Buddha and Patanjali, and embodies yoga’s essential wisdom on the path of meditation. So far in the west, partial techniques have been introduced as independent systems of meditation. This tendency compromises the efficacy of such meditative techniques, and meditators are left with limited results. Vishoka Meditation is not just a technique, but rather is a complete system to reclaim our inner radiance and train our mind to remain clear, focused, firm, productive, and joyful in all circumstances and situations in life.” –Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, Ph.D.
The Vishoka Meditation® Master Course is the official companion to Pandit Tigunait’s Vishoka Meditation book and is designed to help you comprehensively experience the wisdom and practices described therein. In this intensive program, we’ll go through Vishoka Meditation step-by-step and break down all the preparatory practices, as well as, the main body of Vishoka Meditation, so you can learn each step systematically.
You’ll receive guidance on the subtle points of Vishoka Meditation which require the direct guidance of a teacher proficient in this practice. This course is designed for students of all proficiencies from those just beginning on the path of yoga or meditation to experienced meditators and yoga teachers.
- Learn the entire system of Vishoka Meditation step-by-step through in-depth lectures and practicums with a focus on understanding and gaining experiential proficiency in a precise set of meditative techniques designed to unite mind and breath and turn them inward.
- Build a solid foundation for your practice by mastering all of the preparatory skills required for Vishoka Meditation, including:
– Finding a comfortable and steady sitting posture
– Diaphragmatic breath training
– Systematic relaxation techniques
– Nadi Shodhana pranayama
– So Hum pranayama
- Building up to the complete practice of Vishoka Meditation by systematically learning:
– Aharana pranayama
– Samikarana pranayama
– The 4-step main body of Vishoka Meditation
- Understanding the role of prana and pranic-awareness in Vishoka Meditation, including both theory and practice. We’ll explore these concepts in context to asana, relaxation, and meditative pranayamas.
- Overview of the yogic lifestyle that is the foundation of Vishoka Meditation
- Overview of the spiritual origins of Vishoka Meditation and its wisdom tradition
- Nearly every session will include practicums and guided practice to help you have a living experience of each technique that is part of the Vishoka Meditation system.
- Receive complimentary access to the Vishoka Meditation Digital Companion course which has 6 hours of bonus content from Pandit Rajmani Tigunait and other HI Faculty including downloadable audio practices for all the techniques we’ll cover.
- 12 webinar sessions with a blend of lecture, Q&A, and guided practice
- Twice per week, 75-minute Zoom webinar session at 7:00 pm US Eastern on Mondays and Wednesdays, starting from September 9th, 2020 to October 19th, 2020
- Sessions will be available for on-demand viewing within 4 hours of the live presentation
- All sessions will continue to be available on-demand after the completion of the program. Choose between 7 days or lifetime access.
- Required reading: Vishoka Meditation by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, PhD
(Subject to change)
- Session–1: The Scope of Vishoka Meditation
- Session–2: Cultivating Healthy Breathing
- Session–3: Experiencing Pranic Awareness
- Session–4: Finding Your Seat
- Session–5: Purifying the Energy Channels and Eliminating the Pause: Nadi Shodhana and So Hum Pranayama
- Session–6: Adopting a Yogic Lifestyle
- Session–7: Bringing the Mind Back to Its Home Base: Aharana Pranayama
- Session–8: Cultivating Inner Balance: Samikarana Pranayama
- Session–9: Discovering Our Inner Space
- Session–10: Vishoka Meditation: The Zero Point and 4 Points of Experience
- Session–11: The Complete Practice of Vishoka Meditation
- Session–12: Optimizing our Practice of Vishoka Meditation
ATTENTION YOGA TEACHERS: Vishoka Meditation Master Course is a prerequisite for Vishoka Meditation Teacher Training.
About Ishan Tigunait
Growing up at the Himalayan Institute, Ishan Tigunait received his first spiritual lessons from Swami Rama of the Himalayas, and has continued his spiritual education for the past 30 years under the guidance of his father, Pandit Rajmani Tigunait. Ishan serves as Executive Director of the Himalayan Institute and Chairman of Yoga International, and has been a driving force for the Himalayan Institute’s humanitarian projects in Africa over the past decade. He also serves as Managing Director of Himalayan Institute India and spearheaded the establishment of the Institute’s newest campus in Khajuraho, India.
Ishan’s passion is sharing modern reflections on the ancient wisdom of the yogic and tantric traditions. As a Himalayan Institute faculty member, he leads the Institute’s Yogi Living program as well as annual pilgrimages to India and the Himalayas.
Holding a degree in computer engineering, Ishan worked for IBM before returning to the Himalayan Institute in 2006. He is an avid social entrepreneur, and is committed to sharing the transformational power of yoga to unleash our full potential.